Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Self Portrait




Self Portrait With A Pipe

Vincent Van Gogh, 1889

OIl on Canvas

51x45cm


Self Portrait with Monkey, 1938

Frida Kahlo

Oil on Masonite



Self Portrait

Paul Cezanne

1898-1900

Lithograph
I selected the inspiration pieces because they were the ones that stood out to me the most, as well as because they were each done in a different style. I used pencil and colored pencil for my self portrait because I thought it would turn out the best by drawing it and adding some color. The challenges that I faced were mainly figuring out how to draw the self portrait and deciding which media to use. It worked out that I overcame them by using the pencil drawing because I could erase any mistakes. This piece represents me because it is me. It was the best reflection of myself that I could draw. I used line and color in my work and I also believe that there is a balance in the blue and brown on each side. The project was enjoyable to work on. I found it fun to try and create a self portrait and it was interesting to see how it turned out. The finished product, in my mind, was pretty good and a good reflection of myself.



No comments:

Post a Comment