Sunday, August 8, 2010

Reflections of AED 200

My expectations for the course were to learn about different ways to look at art as well as to learn about many different artists. These expectations were definately met. I learned about more artists than I think I can even remember. I also wanted to learn about the different uses of art materials and the videos were great for that, as well as the art exploration assignments. Art to me originally was just something visual to look at, such as a painting. Now I would describe art as something that is everywhere I look. Art is in architecture and books and everything you look at can be described artistically. Art is a way of defining the world around you and recreating it. Van Gogh is still my favorite artist. I just really enjoy his colors and brush strokes in his works. I still feel the same about taking an online course. I like the online classes better because it allows me to work on my own time at any hour of the day. It just takes some time management skills and self-discipline, but if you have those traits online courses are great.

No comments:

Post a Comment