Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Art Criticism

The projects that I reviewed were "Change" by Meisner, "Surrealism" by Mejak, and "A Child's Impact on Impressionism" by Bojak. I selected the exhibit by Bojak "A Child's Impact on Impressionism" because I really found the theme interesting and it was the exhibit that stood out the most to me. My biggest challenge was decided how to begin and end my article. I overcame this by starting it several different ways until I found an entrance to the article that I deemed fitting. I feel the same about critiquing my peers work as I would critiquing an exhibit in the art museum. It is an objective review and meant to give feedback to the curator. It did not bother me at all to be the one to critique a peer. I would deffinatly like to read the critique of my curator project. It is interesting to see how someone else felt about my work (unless my project was not critiqued by anyone). I would give my finished article about an 8 because I believe it is well written, but I am not a professional art critic and could have done better with more practice. This project was pretty enjoyable to work on and see other's work. I think it was most interesting to see the different paths that people took in their projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment